Sunday, August 14, 2011

Dark, Pretty Things

The world was not meant
To gaze upon such light
Darkness prevails throughout the night
If meant, there’d be more stars
More pieces and parts
To make our eyes view shapes
There’d be less creatures, sounds
Howling at the moon
Less nightly, dark things
More sunshine, light from within
If the world was meant
To gaze upon such light
There’d be no fear
Of those dark, desperate things
But no passion, desire
Nothing to motivate the light
To work, adjust, conquer
But sometimes, unseen
Unknown, is the beauty
In those forgotten places
Pieces of the darkness left behind
To show the world how grand
Such mystery, vastness contained
Within dark, pretty things.

-------
I used to write poetry a lot when I was younger - to help deal with my SAD (yes, it's a real thing - don't believe me?  Try living in cold weather where it's dark, snowy and rainy for 6 months out of the year and you'll understand).  I've since decided that my poetry isn't really worth sniffing about - but hey, attempts are attempts are attempts, and maybe someone would like it - out there, in the darkly lit places.  :)

1 comment: