Saturday, March 31, 2012

Monthly Recommendations

I am blogging A-Z starting tomorrow, so I figured I would post this one day early!  Here are my monthly book recommendations.  If you feel like purchasing any, you can follow my link.

Poke by Dalya Moon
YA Paranormal Romance
Zan has the weirdest supernatural power ever:  He sees the future of girls who poke him in the bellybutton.  It's usually a turn off, so he's never been with a girl before.  That is, until he finds Austin.  When she pokes him, he doesn't see anything.  This starts the love story where Zan immediately wants to be with her because there is finally some mystery in his future.  This was a fast-paced and very fun novel.  After I got over the whole "poking bellybuttons is a super weird power," it was really enjoyable.

You can purchase Poke from amazon.


Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon
YA Urban Fantasy
While I admit there are some similarities to some bigger name books out there, I still really adored Leigh Fallon's characters.  It was a fun read, with tasteful romance, and the main character's love was far less creepy than some other YA stories out there.  Megan and Adam have reason to be drawn to each other inexplicably.  It's a cute, fast read, and I'm interested to see where Leigh takes it in the future.  I am hoping that the follow up has more deviations from the normal YA UF, but I will definitely read the next in the series regardless.  It was a lot of fun.

You can purchase Carrier of the Mark here.


My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent
YA Paranormal
This was a fun read.  Rachel Vincent gives you just enough description to lead you into the frightening world of discovering your true nature (and who knew that bean sidhes could be cool?)  It's a great first novel in the series, and I am interested to read more.  Definitely on my recommended list.

You can purchase My Soul to Take here.



The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
YA Paranormal Romance
I feel weird calling this YA Paranormal, because I feel this more focuses on the unraveling of Mara's sanity.  A lot of people leave this book wondering, "Okay, what on earth just happened?"  But that is part of the charm, as the book leaves you with more questions.  It's the first in the series, and it definitely jumped into a good start.

You can read my full review here.
Or you can purchase The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment